2022-23 GAARA Registration
GAARA Registration is now open. Registration will be through the RAMP Portal for all teams, players and bench staff. To register for the 2022-2023 GAARA season, please follow the instructions for registering using the RAMP Portal.
Note: Because there are legal forms that are read and signed as part of the player and bench staff registration, including the form for Rowan's Law, every team member is individually responsible for completing their own registration.
New this year
- All players will pay their RO player registration fees, $56.50 ($47 fee + $9.50 dues & insurance), directly through RAMP.
- Bench staff fees will be collected by GAARA. To avoid paying bench fees as part of the registration process, bench staff must use a promo code. To get this code, either ask your team rep or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key registration dates
- August 15: All teams must be added to the RAMP system by the team rep
- September 9: Players and staff who will be on the team as of the beginning of the season must be registered
- September 13: League fees (see League Fees below) due. Send by eTransfer to email@example.com - be sure to indicate team name and division in the Comments/Notes section
- September 11-12: The registrar will send out current TRFs to all teams for verification
- November 1: The RAMP registration system is locked; all new registrations require RO approval
- January 30: TRF change/addition deadline
Note: If any additional player or bench staff is added to the team after the initial TRF is sent out, the team rep MUST request a new TRF from the registrar. This is to make sure that no players or staff participate in any GAARA games before they are properly registered.
When additional bench staff are added, team reps must also send in an updated version of the Team Fee Calculator (see below).
Registering as a spare
If you wish to register as an official GAARA spare, there are a few extra steps to complete before you can register with RAMP. Also, to register as an official GAARA spare, there is a $25 fee to be paid to GAARA during the registration process, as well as the fees owed to Ringette Ontario, which amounts to $56.50 ($47 fee + $9.50 dues & insurance).
- If you didn't play in GAARA during either the 2019-2020 or 2021-2022 season, you must send a player evaluation to make sure you are placed at the correct level. This can be found on the forms and documents page.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the level you are registering for. If you had to submit an evaluation, please include the accepted version of the document. If you played in GAARA during the last two playing seasons, include which team you played for or if you were a GAARA spare.
- The registrar will then send you the invite code for the GAARA spares list at the correct level and the instructions for how to register using the RAMP portal.
- After you complete your registration, send an email to email@example.com to be added to the spare players/goalies list. Note: There is a password on this page to protect personal information. The webmaster will let you know what the password is.
The GAARA Team Fees, per division, are as follows:
- A Division - $764
- B Division - $739 (this includes both B and BB)
- C Division - $704
- Dev Division - $679
The GAARA refundable bonds, per team, are as follows:
- League play - $100
- Silverspoon - $100
The Ringette Ontario bench fees are as follows:
- Non-playing bench staff fee - $42.00 ($32.50 + $9.50 dues & insurance)
- Playing bench staff fee - $32.50 bench fee Note: Different teams may pay different parts of this fee
- Provincial A team fee - $115
To help calculate the teams owed by your team, the Team Fee Calculator will be made available shortly - an email will be sent to all teams when it is available.
This applies to teams using GAARA-supplied ice only.
For GAARA ice pool teams, the cost of ice is $3,950 for the year. Payment is due as follows:
- $1,975 before August 15, 2022
- $1,975 before October 15, 2022
Ice pool payments should be made via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (note that fees are still going to the treasurer, but in a separate account just for GAARA ice pool). Please remember to note your team's name and division on all e-transfers!